Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chapter Three

"Did you get it?"
"No, It's still stuck in the trunk of the tree."
"Come on, hurry up or well get caught."
"Help me out here! Pull! Pull!."


I just landed on this plane. The trees and shrubs almost drowning out the conversation ahead of me. But I can still overhear them.


"Come on, I don't have all day to wait for you. Get it done, now."


The third person speaking with an authoritative voice caught my attention. It sounds so compelling. Now I am curious to know who this guy is. Almost upon them, I slowed down and phased into invincibility.


The medieval scene before me was a revelation. They are pulling out an egg inside a tree. From this distance, I could see its a Dragon Egg.


The Queen called me in for a favor. She wanted to stop the massacre of dragons in her beloved kingdom. Now, I have to decide whether these guys are serving the queen or they are the bandits that have been stealing all the dragon eggs in the kingdom. Deciding that I should rescue the egg. I whispered...


"Freeze."


At once the scene is frozen. The handsome stranger was frozen into stillness, the same with his two minions. Getting the egg out of the tree was a simple as snapping my fingers. The egg, the size of a soccer ball was a Legendary Egg. I recognize it as such because of its color. The design is unique and one of a kind in any plane of existence.


As soon as the egg was out of the tree, I knew it's ready to be hatched. Seconds later, I willed myself into the Queen's courtyard. I know she has a special place for dragons.


"Welcome Nora, we have been expecting you."


The Queen is the most breathtaking of them all. You will never mistake her for anything else.


"Queen Christine, thank you, I am honored you asked for me."


I explained to her everything about how I got the egg. And minutes after, I can see the Legendary Dragon emerging from the hatchery. Giving us a bow, it flew above the skies.







No comments:

Post a Comment